- 1/2 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 2 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large, heavy saucepan, lightly saute green onions in the butter.
- Stir in flour, seasoned salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Remove from heat. Add milk and chicken broth. Cook, stirring, about 15 minutes until thickened.
- Blend in pumpkin. Simmer 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently. Add cheese, Stir until melted.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Top each serving, if desired, with a slice of tomato, sprinkled with cheese and green onions.